Tuesday 9 December 2014

What Abstract art can mean to energy & spirit.



 Abstractation & Free-flowing Energy.


I think I have mentioned before just how much I love abstract art.  When I paint abstracts it means that I lose myself is another art form and it tends to release any "painter's blocks" that I am suffering with at the time.  I often have anything between two to four paintings on the go but sometimes, when nothing is going right & the right energy does not seem to be there for whatever I am working on at that time, I will turn to my beloved abstracts, waiting patiently on the easel and get lost in it before I throw everything else out of door and stomp on it.

I think that many people have this idea that artists can just paint anything they want onto a canvas & it will be perfect.  If you are a genius like Picasso or Dali were then yes, this happens but I make mistakes, I don't always get it right first time and I get blocked in the creative processes.  I envy artists that do get it right first time but then shrug my shoulders & get on with what I am painting, my creative path as well as my personal path is vastly different to theirs, I accepted that a long time ago so really it is hard to compare myself with them.

It was quite by accident that I discovered the abstract side of me, I always wondered, what would I paint?  Would I be faced with a blank canvas and then not know what to do? Would I paint something and it would be a mess, a REAL mess that is.  I was just fiddling around on a canvas as I couldn't progress with anything else. Nothing I painted was right, the energy wasn't there, inspiration comes and goes but you turn up to paint whether it is there or not but if the energy within isn't flowing one can get completely blocked and nothing goes right.

My first abstract has a long title, it has since birthed two other paintings.  It is called The Star Goddess & Child Maintaining the Balance of the Universal Energy Flow. 



I can remember at that time looking at this small canvas I had in front of me and just wondering what should I do here, part of me just wanted to go Agggghhh! & let rip but another part was thinking no.  I already had a ground on it, dark blue & so I just let the energy that was so blocked in me flow and this was what I came up with. 

I have wondered about the art of abstraction ever since.  I feel that in many creative processes, when one becomes blocked there is a way to unlock it, for myself abstracts are the key. But what if your creativity take the form of the written word?  The answer may be to write something totally different, maybe something you want to write about but haven't, maybe something inside that you feel forbidden or something you never thought about before; for example; prose or haiku.  
Shamanic Waves - Joy
 There is usually a way out of the traps and snares of creative blocks, & usually when I get them I know something big will come from them, something special.  A lot of people have been drawn to these two paintings so my belief is that what you create to get around the blocks will be the something big that will come because it is spirit or self that is shining through you. 


My work can also be viewed at:


http://www.artfinder.com/trac-davies
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TracDaviesArtist
http://www.redbubble.com/people/tracdavies
http://tracdavies.deviantart.com/   
http://www.zazzle.co.uk/tracdaviesartist 
https://www.facebook.com/TracDaviesArtist
https://twitter.com/tracdavies

https://www.tsu.co/TracDaviesArtist

Trac Davies - Artist © 

2 comments:

  1. When I come to a block in my writing, I create fractal art. When I reach a point I am just not into creating fractals, I go back to my writing and find the block gone. My fractals tend to be quite abstract as well. I see one thing in them and someone can see something entirely different. I think that is why I like abstract so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I feel you need the two sometimes to balance things up, sometimes I get blocked on abstracts so it is back to my other art and this works well :D

      Delete