Sunday 7 December 2014

Colliding Worlds



Abstracts - Free the spirit & mind to explore their depths.



There are many aspects to my work & I keep extending into new & diverse territories & each time I so this, I discover a new side of myself through my art. Recently, I have started a new set of paintings that I have called the Colliding Worlds Series.

I find that abstracts release the inner tensions of the mind, leaving my creativity flowing easily.  If I don't paint abstracts, I find I suffer from a form of creative block, this is really too much to bear, so I usually have three or four paintings on the go all at once.  The Colliding Worlds Series are a little different to the abstracts that I have already painted, they are really absorbing and intensely personal.  

Colliding Worlds, underlines the relationship between the physical, psychological and spiritual & our belief systems, how they are all interconnected & how they interact apart and together. I am fascinated about any form of symbiosis, whether it is in the physical realm or elsewhere & I regard these relationships with awe.  Some are not so healthy, and can turn parasitic and this needs to be watched for.  

As we grow, change and develop, our inner worlds make connections, these need to be healthy but there are times in our development and growth that a traumatic experience or experiences from the outer world can cause connections to develop that are not healthy.  These can cause problems later on in life.  I have covered this subject more in depth in the following blog regarding the wounded ego. http://tracdaviesartist.blogspot.fr/2015/02/emotions-accepting-rough-with-smooth.html


Colliding Worlds - The Gift.

There will be five of these paintings, the mind relates well to myths & the fairy stories that we were told as children.  These stories are more than just tales, they warn of real dangers that we will have to face in life, not just from a physical sense but in a emotional & psychological sense as well.  This painting depicts both light and dark within ourselves, the myths, beliefs & stories that influence our choices and each person that looks upon the Colliding Worlds Paintings will see something different. 

Colliding Worlds - The Silent Scream.
I have also added the second of the Colliding Worlds paintings that I have completed, I have two others on the easels at present and there is one in utero in my mind but that one is not ready to be painted just yet. 

Last year I finished the third of the Colliding Worlds SeriesA journey through life is the best way I can explain what these paintings depict.


Colliding Worlds - The Death & Rebirth of Little Red Riding Hood.
This painting concerns growth as we leave child-hood & enter adult-hood & how this changes the psyche.  There is always a part of us that will hang on to childhood themes in young adulthood.  For example, from 1996 - 1999 I read biology at Southampton University.  In the first year, as part of our course-work we had to partake in a field-trip in Southern Spain.  It was great fun, we went for 2 weeks and divided our time with exploring flora and fauna and the local bars.  We took a bus to get to the airport and then again in Spain to get to the hostels in Zahara de los Atunes.  On the way to the airport, I was most amused at the younger students, all aged 19 or 20, chatting on the bus about what happened with the teletubbies that morning.  In our group, there were 4 mature students, me being one of them & as we listened to their conversations about the kids programs of that day, I added that my 5 year old son watched most of them too.   This to me underlines that although the younger students were adults, they had still retained that zest for life and youthful exuberance that we seem to lose as we grow olderThere is a little bit of the child that hangs on & this seems to stay until we are loaded down with responsibilities, working-life, family, money issues & the worries that most of the youth do not have to face.  This painting is about the conflict between childhood and adulthood as well as the search for finding oneself, which at first is a major stage in our lives but we do throughout our life.  Each stage of our life we have to rediscover who we are, but here the vestiges of childhood cling on and can have a major impact on who we are & are going to be.

 

I will be updating this blog as The Colliding Worlds Series develops.


http://tracdaviesartist.blogspot.fr/2015/02/emotions-accepting-rough-with-smooth.html

My work can also be viewed at:
 
http://www.artfinder.com/trac-davies
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TracDaviesArtist
http://www.redbubble.com/people/tracdavies
http://tracdavies.deviantart.com/   
http://www.zazzle.co.uk/tracdaviesartist 
https://www.facebook.com/TracDaviesArtist
https://twitter.com/tracdavies

https://www.tsu.co/TracDaviesArtist


Trac Davies - Artist ©

2 comments:

  1. Colliding worlds, such an apt name. I love the way this series of paintings draws you in. There is so much to see and to feel with this painting. I think it might be the inside of my mind! Cath x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else mentioned that as well, this series will reflect what you feel and are because there is something in it that can resonate with everyone - in general.

      Delete